- Many would probably say that this is a strange knife. That’s because the blade was forged in China in the southern coasts of the Guangdong Province.
- But, it was made using premium grade Japanese VG10 steel that was imported directly from Japan.
- This has strangely resulted in a mysterious knife that has received the perfect combination of influence from both cultures. We’re very proud to offer this exclusive and unique knife that’s exceeded all of our expectations at Masuta Knife Imports.
A beautifully crafted 342mm Damascus Kiritsuke knife
It’s Imbued with Diversity
Japanese Methodology with a Chinese Twist
- The Japanese VG10 steel that makes up the blade core provides exceptional sharpness and reliability.
- However, the slight hint of Chinese design features, such as the fibreglass handle and the full tang makes this knife an extremely durable force to be reckoned with.
- We love how this odd combination of design elements has somehow amazingly resulted in a perfectly balanced knife, that looks almost as good as it feels in your hand.
Respected by the Masters
- The blade profile and shape of Kiritsuke knives allow them to handle a broad range of task, with a respectable level of consistency.
- Many Japanese chefs say that you become a “true knife master” only when you are able to navigate your entire kitchen and perform every kind of cut, using only one Kiritsuke knife.
The "Everything" Friend
- Some knives are better at specific tasks than others. But Subete No Yūjin will always perform exceptionally, no matter what kind of crazy cutting work you try and throw at it.
- This knife will handle it all, whether you’re deboning poultry, trimming thick slabs of meat, thinly slicing fish for sushi, or prep-chopping bulk amounts of vegetables. It’s also quite good at impressing your friends when you whip it out to slice some food at dinner.
Refortifying the Classic Design
- These Chinese additions to the traditional Japanese Kiritsuke design have made this blade capable of whipping through every abusive test we could think of. One of these improvements is the full tang and the partial bolster. Many Kiritsuke knives that are made today do not have a full tang or bolster.
- But you will undoubtedly appreciate these features on Subete No Yūjin. They add the perfect amount of additional weight and robustness to the blade profile, which gives you a reassuring feeling of sturdiness and confidence.
- The extra weight also grants you a smoother and more confident chopping motion. This is the reason why you can use this knife to manage so much more than a traditional Kiritsuke knife was meant to handle.
The Name Tells It All
- The blade literally embodies this sentiment of being “the master of all cuts,” because its very name “Subete No Yūjin” roughly translates from Japanese to English meaning “The Everything Friend.”
Cleverly Exotic & Beautifully Intricate
- Subete No Yūjin truly is a fantastic knife. Especially when you consider the broad range of versatility offered by the Japanese aspects of the blade, combined with the extreme durability resulting from the modern Chinese upgrades.
- But, once you hold it and feel how incredibly well-balanced it is, you’ll really start to appreciate the exquisite level of sophistication within this knife.
Knife Care & Faq
Masuta's Certificate of Authenticity
- We provide all our customers with a customized certificate as well as the appropriate papers and documentation that verify how your knife was made.
- This includes where the different metals and materials were sourced from, and it states the name and location of the Knife Smith.
- It also explains step-by-step the specific kinds of forging techniques and processes that were used to make your knife.
- Plus, it includes the names and roles of all the different people who contributed to creating your knife.
Insured Parcels with Free Shipping & Complimentary Tracking
- We know that you'll be very excited while waiting to get your special new knife!
- That's why we process and ship all of our orders on the very next day.
- All of our shipped parcels are insured and come with tracking numbers, free of charge.
- Masuta Knife Imports also proudly supports Free Worldwide Shipping!
- Already ordered your knife? Track your parcel on our website.
Our Renowned Lifetime Warranty
- We proudly stand behind everything that we sell. Any knife that’s sold by Masuta Knife Imports (or any of our partners) is warranted to last through a lifetime of hard use.
- We promise that if you show your knife the respect that it deserves, then it’ll never let you down.
- In the rare case that a blade or handle is damaged, we will be happy to either repair your knife, or send you a brand new one!
- Please see our warranty page for more info on how to get a knife replaced.
Hassle-Free 60 Day Returns
- At Masuta Knife Imports, happy customers are our number one priority. We take pride in offering knives of the highest quality and craftsmanship.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, then please send us an email.
- We will be happy to offer you your choice of an exchange or a refund.
- We also offer our customers an additional $10 refund credit.
- We respond to all emails within 48-hours, and we always process returns immediately. Please visit our returns page for more information.
Carefully Packaged by Hand
- All of our knives are shipped in protectively padded cardboard boxes.
- This is to ensure that your blade stays safe on its journey to you.
- Many of our customers also choose to use the original packaging to store their knives in between uses.
Not Dishwasher Friendly
- We perform extensive durability testing on all our knives before we agree to share them with our wholesale or online customers.
- This is to ensure that we provide the highest quality products that will last the longest.
- So, this means that if you’re in a pinch, yes you can put a Masuta knife in the dishwasher. One gentle wash cycle won’t be enough to cause permanent harm to the edge, handle, or tone of your knife.
- However, please keep in mind that most dishwasher powders and detergents contain highly alkaline compounds such as trisodium phosphate.
- Long-term exposure to these chemicals will eventually start to degrade the handle, and "decarbonize" the tone of your blade. This is why professional Chefs always hand wash their knives.
- We do provide industrial grade knives capable of withstanding commercial foodservice environments as part of our wholesaling business. Please visit our wholesale page for more information.
Sharpen As Needed
- All of our knives are specifically forged so that they have a long-lasting, durable edge.
- For a home cook, they stay razor-sharp for many months and possibly up to a year!
- For a professional Chef who is using the knife multiple times a day, its edge can last for up to three-months between sharpening.
- For the best results when re-sharpening, we recommend you use a series of whetstones with different grits. You can also use a sharpening rod of your choice.
- Electric sharpeners are usually okay too, as long as they are high-quality ones.
- Each knife also comes with a sharpening guide and recommended sharpening angles as part of the Masuta Certificate of Authenticity.
Please be Careful
- Our knives are built to hold a lasting, razor-sharp edge. Please remember to be cautious when using your knife and to keep children away.
- We also take the time to pre-sharpen all of our knives by hand before we send them to you. This is so your knife will be able to shave through thin strips of paper right out of the box!
- Although doing this is very fun and satisfying (we do it too), please remember to be careful and not to get too excited when you first get your knife. Masuta Knife Imports is not responsible for any injuries that may result from improper or unsafe handling of your knife.
- All of our blades are beautiful and unique. However, they can also be dangerous, and they must be respected as such.