- It seems that the best knives are always created when different knife making cultures collaborate.
- Japan and Germany are easily two of the most well-known countries, in terms of their respective knife-making cultures.
- Once you hold this robust and stunning blade, you will truly appreciate the countless hours that have been put into designing and crafting this masterpiece.
- To be put simply, this is the most durable knife we have ever found while exploring the secretive knife-crafting depths of Asia. We can’t express how exhilarated we are to finally be able to share this unique blade with our friends and family all over the world.
An expertly crafted 359mm Hybrid Deba knife
Another Japanese & German Masterpiece
The Best of Both Countries
- The main reason that we love this knife so much is that it has all the benefits of conventional Japanese and German knives, but it has none of the cons.
- World-renowned premium grade German stainless steel was chosen as the blade material. This allows the blade to retain its razor edge much longer than any other knife we have seen before.
- The stainless qualities of German steel also deliver amazing anti-rust and anti-patina qualities, so your knife will always look young, shiny, and deadly.
- But the traditional Japanese single-bevel grants the blade a steeper cutting angle, which creates a much sharper edge when compared to double-bevel knives.
- When you also factor in the classic unchanged Deba blade shape and design, you will understand why this is an extraordinary kind of knife.
It's Not "Just A Fish Knife"
- This blade was historically made by the Japanese people in order to manage all different sizes and species of fish.
- This includes gutting, filleting, chopping, and making extremely thin slices for sushi… But this knife can also amazingly handle pretty much any other task that your kitchen throws at you.
- It is balanced to be heavier on the blade end, which allows you to hold it at the rear of the hilt and use it as a vegetable cleaver. You can also use it to de-bone and section poultry.
- The robust German steel effortlessly allows you to cut through poultry bones, without damaging the edge of the blade.
- We have even been told that some of the more experienced western butchers sometimes use this knife to precisely trim the fat off their premium cuts of meat.
Knife Care & Faq
Masuta's Certificate of Authenticity
- We provide all our customers with a customized certificate as well as the appropriate papers and documentation that verify how your knife was made.
- This includes where the different metals and materials were sourced from, and it states the name and location of the Knife Smith.
- It also explains step-by-step the specific kinds of forging techniques and processes that were used to make your knife.
- Plus, it includes the names and roles of all the different people who contributed to creating your knife.
Insured Parcels with Free Shipping & Complimentary Tracking
- We know that you'll be very excited while waiting to get your special new knife!
- That's why we process and ship all of our orders on the very next day.
- All of our shipped parcels are insured and come with tracking numbers, free of charge.
- Masuta Knife Imports also proudly supports Free Worldwide Shipping!
- Already ordered your knife? Track your parcel on our website.
Our Renowned Lifetime Warranty
- We proudly stand behind everything that we sell. Any knife that’s sold by Masuta Knife Imports (or any of our partners) is warranted to last through a lifetime of hard use.
- We promise that if you show your knife the respect that it deserves, then it’ll never let you down.
- In the rare case that a blade or handle is damaged, we will be happy to either repair your knife, or send you a brand new one!
- Please see our warranty page for more info on how to get a knife replaced.
Hassle-Free 60 Day Returns
- At Masuta Knife Imports, happy customers are our number one priority. We take pride in offering knives of the highest quality and craftsmanship.
- If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, for any reason, then please send us an email.
- We will be happy to offer you your choice of an exchange or a refund.
- We also offer our customers an additional $10 refund credit.
- We respond to all emails within 48-hours, and we always process returns immediately. Please visit our returns page for more information.
Carefully Packaged by Hand
- All of our knives are shipped in protectively padded cardboard boxes.
- This is to ensure that your blade stays safe on its journey to you.
- Many of our customers also choose to use the original packaging to store their knives in between uses.
Not Dishwasher Friendly
- We perform extensive durability testing on all our knives before we agree to share them with our wholesale or online customers.
- This is to ensure that we provide the highest quality products that will last the longest.
- So, this means that if you’re in a pinch, yes you can put a Masuta knife in the dishwasher. One gentle wash cycle won’t be enough to cause permanent harm to the edge, handle, or tone of your knife.
- However, please keep in mind that most dishwasher powders and detergents contain highly alkaline compounds such as trisodium phosphate.
- Long-term exposure to these chemicals will eventually start to degrade the handle, and "decarbonize" the tone of your blade. This is why professional Chefs always hand wash their knives.
- We do provide industrial grade knives capable of withstanding commercial foodservice environments as part of our wholesaling business. Please visit our wholesale page for more information.
Sharpen As Needed
- All of our knives are specifically forged so that they have a long-lasting, durable edge.
- For a home cook, they stay razor-sharp for many months and possibly up to a year!
- For a professional Chef who is using the knife multiple times a day, its edge can last for up to three-months between sharpening.
- For the best results when re-sharpening, we recommend you use a series of whetstones with different grits. You can also use a sharpening rod of your choice.
- Electric sharpeners are usually okay too, as long as they are high-quality ones.
- Each knife also comes with a sharpening guide and recommended sharpening angles as part of the Masuta Certificate of Authenticity.
Please be Careful
- Our knives are built to hold a lasting, razor-sharp edge. Please remember to be cautious when using your knife and to keep children away.
- We also take the time to pre-sharpen all of our knives by hand before we send them to you. This is so your knife will be able to shave through thin strips of paper right out of the box!
- Although doing this is very fun and satisfying (we do it too), please remember to be careful and not to get too excited when you first get your knife. Masuta Knife Imports is not responsible for any injuries that may result from improper or unsafe handling of your knife.
- All of our blades are beautiful and unique. However, they can also be dangerous, and they must be respected as such.