It Can Handle Anything
- The Shizukesa Damascus Santoku knife flawlessly combines the perfect mixture of traditional Japanese design principles with modern industrial-grade durability.
73 Layers of Stainless Damascus Steel
- A razor-sharp cutting core forged down from a single bar of premium Japanese VG10 steel clocks in at 60 (±1) Rockwell hardness, guaranteeing a shocking level of performance and edge retention.
- This VG10 core is then expertly insulated between 73 layers of industrial-grade stainless Damascus steel, which results in an exceptional level of strength, tone, durability, and stain resistance.
Exemplifies Efficient Design
- The full tang is beautifully secured at the butt of the blade with a hand-polished stainless steel pommel.
- This pommel also brilliantly adds the perfect amount of additional weight back on to the shaft of the Pakkawood handle, producing a superbly balanced blade.
Traditional Japanese Resin Treated Handle
- Upon the completion of shaping and polishing the blade, a Japanese protective resin is applied to the handle in a painstakingly meticulous 6-step process.
- The resin creates a non-slip grip on the handle and ensures lifelong protection against any warping or staining.