It’s Just A Sexy Knife
- This is, by far, one of the most visually appealing knives we have come across.
- But don’t worry, the full tang and 67 layers of hammer folded stainless Damascus steel make it extremely durable and robust too.
A Handle That Will Endure the Ages
- You’ll instantly notice the beautifully carved Rosewood handle on Suraisā.
- Then after a closer inspection of the handle, you’ll see its striking central mosaic rivet and the slight sheen from Japanese protective resin that has been applied to the handle in a rigorous 6-stage process!
A Lasting Sharpness
- Thanks to the 67 layers of hammer folded stainless Damascus steel, Suraisā not only has a beautiful mirrored tsuchime look, but its edge will easily last through many nights of rough chopping in a fast-paced kitchen.
A Natural Non-Stick Solution
- The blade profile of Suraisā features many dimples on the surface, as a result of hammering the blade without refinement. This kind of rough but sophisticated method serves three purposes.
- Firstly, it allows for air pockets to be created between the blade and any food, which prevents anything from sticking to the blade profile.
- Secondly, it creates a striking and visually appealing pattern on the blade. Each blade is slightly different from the last and has its own unique design of dimples.
- Thirdly, the dimples all act like miniature shock absorbers. As any impact vibrations travel from the sharp edge of the blade up to the spine (top), the dimples act as filters and help to dissipate the vibrations.
- This means you have more input and control over Suraisā, and you can be a lot rougher on it than with other Nakiri blades.
Practicality Like No Other
- At Masuta Knife Imports, we really love this knife because it is sort of deceptive. It looks just like one of those “luxury artistic blades” that sell for tens of thousands of dollars, and then get put in a frame and are never used.
- What’s deceptive is that you will definitely want to use this knife all the time, and you might even become addicted to it. It’s durable materials, and gorgeous design, paired with the overall versatility of a Nakiri design make Suraisā a great knife capable of handling anything your kitchen throws at it.
- If you’re looking to spice up your kitchen with a great knife that rarely needs sharpening and is an excellent “all-rounder.” Or if you want to instantly impress your friends at dinner parties and portion food with a spectacularly stunning knife, then the Suraisā is meant for you.