Witchcraft Meets Knife Craft
- When you grasp Chīīsa Na Choppu in your hand, you’ll instantly notice that it truly is a magical blade.
- This is because the perfect blend of modern western and traditional Japanese features has been achieved through this knife.
- From the remarkable beauty of the 73 outer layers of traditionally folded Japanese stainless Damascus steel to the sturdy and robust full tang, all the way down to the non-slip G10 fibreglass handle; This blade promised a fantastic level of diversity through many different kitchen tasks you can handle with it.
Engineering A New Kind of Feeling
- The Knife Forgers gave this creation the Japanese name “Chīīsa Na Choppu,” which when translated to English means “Small Chops.”
- At Masuta Knife Imports, we didn’t understand what this was meant at first.
- But after discussing this with the Knife Crafters, we now understand it’s because they really wanted to make a different kind of Nakiri knife.
- The Crafters wanted to make a Nakiri that would evoke the physical feeling and the mental confidence of a Chinese Cleaver when it is being held.
- This was a hard task, considering how much broader the blades of Cleavers are compared to Nakiri blades.
- Well, the forgers pulled it off and once again we are stunned and honoured to be working with such talented Knife Crafters.
Robust & Surprisingly Nimble
- You will fall in love with Chīīsa Na Choppu because it makes you feel like you’re confidently holding a robust, dense, and durable Chinese Cleaver.
- But it still has the delicate agility and fashionable looks of a traditional Nakiri knife. We now understand why this knife was named “Small Chops” because it quite literally was designed to feel and be used as a miniature Cleaver!
Not Just For Veggies Anymore
- Nakiri knives are usually used by prep-chefs in Asian kitchens to prepare massive amounts of vegetables.
- Unlike a curved Chef or Santoku knife, a Nakiri has a flatter edge, which allows for the entire blade length to make contact with your cutting board. This means a more efficient straight down cutting motion can be used, instead of a rolling chop that people use with western Chef or Japanese Santoku knives.
- Thanks to the “Cleaver oriented” design of this Nakiri, not only can Chīīsa Na Choppu effortlessly dice up hundreds of bags of carrots and celery, but you can also use it for much heavier tasks…
It’s One Tough Blade
- The cutting core forged from world-renowned Japanese VG10 steel can easily handle chopping through poultry bones and other thick surfaces, while staying sharp for many months on end!
- Plus, the 73 layers of folded stainless Damascus steel ensure this knife will flourish through many lifetimes of cutting.
- Chīīsa Na Choppu also features a full tang that’s complemented very nicely with the black military grade G10 fibreglass handle. This allows Chīīsa Na Choppu to absorb impact shock very well and it gives the knife a heftier feel than other Nakiri blades.
This Knife Likes It Rough
- Let’s say that you are looking for a stunning and unique Nakiri knife that will easily glide through a lifetime of abuse and being treated rough in fast kitchens.
- Or maybe you are a Chef that needs to add a Chinese Cleaver to your arsenal of blades, but your knife bag only has one more slot left that isn’t big enough for a traditional sized Cleaver?
- Well, regardless of what you’re looking for, Chīīsa Na Choppu is our most robust Nakiri knife, and it will make a superb and beautiful addition to your kitchen.