- Following ancient Japanese crafting methodology, this Cleavers blade profile features an interior cutting core forged from a single bar of the finest Japanese VG10 steel available today.
Made to Lasts Several Lifetimes
- The VG10 core is then insulated with 73 exterior layers of high-density folded stainless Damascus steel.
- These alloys, paired with the traditional forging methods, produce incredible edge retention, lifelong durability, and shock-absorbing qualities for heavy impact cleaving.
A Modernized More Fashionable Blade
- It’s no surprise that this Cleaver takes over four months to forge.
- The refining and infusing of the alloys, then repeatedly folding the steel to create the protective exterior layers, and then the intensive multi-step process of tempering and sharpening.
- Finally, the blade and handle are hand-polished to a mirrored finish, which reveals the beautiful layers of the folded steel and imbues it the knife with a timeless look and feel.
- Whip this eye-catching beauty out while cooking at your next dinner party, and you’re bound to get some admiration and “knife envy” from your guests.
It’s Not Just For Cleaving
- Most western people think of Cleavers as rudimentary tools used by butchers, but these blades actually offer an incredible amount of versatility.
- The thickness and rigidity of Ganmā Cleavers blade allows you to chop through bones, and pretty much anything else you can think of, without retaining damage to its edge.
- Afterwards, the height of the blade allows you to use it as a scooping tool, so you can easily quickly clear food away from your workspace.
A Uniquely Versatile Companion
- Whether you’re sectioning a chicken at home for your family, or you’re prepping large amounts of vegetables in a professional kitchen; This Cleaver will transform your chopping experience into an organized and efficient masterpiece.
- With its ability to adapt to any situation, the Ganmā Cleaver is an exciting and novel way to power through anything that will ever get placed on your cutting board.