It’s Not Your Mundane Cleaver
- You probably immediately noticed that this is not an ordinary-looking Cleaver.
- Well, that’s because you’re right. Diànlì Qiēgē Jī was precisely designed and meticulously engineered to stand out from the masses and to achieve two very precise goals.
Crafted With A Purpose
- The first goal was to project an aura of exclusive beauty and raw durability. Diànlì Qiēgē Jī easily achieves these intentions with its rare fat-shaped wooden handle and stunning hammered surface blade profile.
- But the second goal was much harder to achieve...
- The forgers wanted to create a tangible emotional response for the people who use this blade.
- They wanted people who picked up Diànlì Qiege Jī to be instilled with raw confidence and to feel like they could cut through anything.
- Well, we're exhilarated to say the Knife Smiths have brilliantly achieved both of these goals and that this is one of the best Cleavers we’ve ever come across!
Unlike Any Other Handle Profile You’ve Seen
- Most traditional cleavers have a full tang with a visible spine, and they’re fixed in place with two or three metal rivets.
- This extra metal adds weight and stability to the rear end, and it brings the balance point closer to the hilt of the blade. This is great because it allows you to have a sturdier swing, with fewer vibrations travelling up the handle during cuts through solid objects like bones.
- But the inventive handle design on Diànlì Qiēgē Jī does all of this and more because of its bizarre, but beautiful curvature!
- The “belly” of this handle has been widened on purpose to create more weight, but it also allows for a much more effective distribution of impact vibrations.
Precisely Made to be… Precise?
- Another feature of the “thick-belly” handle design is that it allows your middle and index fingers to have a steadier grip on the handle. This allows input and output control of the cleaver to be placed centrally through your middle fingers.
- Many of our customers have also told us that this makes Diànlì Qiege Jī feel much more dexterous and agile than their other cleavers, and they really like how it doesn’t feel like a crude, boring meat chopping instrument.”
- This means you don’t have to swap from your cleaver to your Santoku or chef knife when switching between the heavier, denser cutting tasks, to the lighter ones that require more finesse. This cleaver is perfectly capable of doing both.
It’s “One Tough Cookie”
- The hammered outer blade profile forged from 73 alternating layers of folded stainless Damascus steel makes this cleaver tremendously robust. Meaning that you can treat it with lots of abuse, and it will just shake it off without any damage… Or hard feelings.
- Plus, because Diànlì Qiege Jī has a cutting core crafted from a single bar of premium grade Japanese VG10 steel, you know it is going to have a long-lasting and durable edge.
- At Masuta Knife Imports, we feel that this might just be sexiest looking cleaver we have ever found!
- To us, a sexy knife means that it is breathtakingly beautiful, but it must also project a powerful presence and be able to impress us in the kitchen with its prowess.
- Diànlì Qiege Jī embodies every aspect of these expectations. From the bizarre curvature of its handle to the robustness resulting from its Damascus steel, all the way to the empowering feeling of precision it gives you when you grasp it.
- We think that is why the Chinese Blade Smiths who crafted it gave it the name “Diànlì Qiege Jī” which means “The Power Cleaver.”