Has the Strength to Last Lifetimes
- If we at Masuta Knife Imports could only pick one knife to use for the rest of our lives, we would almost certainly pick this one.
- Its long-lasting razor edge, combined with its durability, versatility, and its elegant folded Damascus steel pattern will make it your number one knife in the kitchen.
A Deceptively Ironic Name
- Itoko is the Japanese word for Cousin.
- We later learned that it was named in an ironic sense because this knife does not need guidance, and it is the farthest thing from harmless.
It’s Hardly An Innocent Blade
- Unleash Itoko on your kitchen, and you’ll instantly know why its namesake is humorous.
- It’s pre-sharpened to be razor-sharp right out of the box, and its versatility makes it capable of effortlessly handling whatever task your kitchen can throw at it.
Imbued with the Wisdom of the Ancients
- Following the thousand-year-old traditional Japanese methods, Itoko features a cutting core forged from a single bar of world-renowned premium grade Japanese VG10 steel.
- Then this core is insulated on either side with 33 layers of hammer folded stainless Damascus steel.
- These alternating layers of chromium and carbon-infused Damascus steel allow for a softer and lighter blade that flawlessly absorbs impacts and creates a perfectly balanced blade profile.
- Similar to the way katana swords were made, the end result of this forging process creates an unbelievably strong cutting core, that retains scalpel-like razor sharpness for months on end.
It Takes Months to Forge
- The most valuable thing you can give someone is not money, it’s time.
- The reason Itoko is such a ruthless thing of beauty is because it takes over four months to create from start to finish.
- Every step of this process is completed with the utmost care and respect for the final blade that is slowly being created.
- Right from refining the metal, folding and bonding the outer layers of alloy together, tempering the blade, the nine-step sharpening method, all the way to the final smith that polishes that blade. It truly is a magical collective process.
Your Kitchens Most Adaptable Warrior
- Japanese Santoku knives are the equivalent of a western Chef knife. This means that Itoko is capable of conquering whatever you need and is a great all-rounder knife.
- When our customers really want to purchase a quality cutting instrument but are not sure what kind of knife to buy, we often recommend they pick a Santoku.
- If you want to amaze a loved one with a beautiful gift, or maybe you’re just starting to get serious about cooking and need a quality blade that you can depend on. Or perhaps you’re already a seasoned professional chef who’s looking at making another great addition to your knife bag.
- The long-lasting sharpness of the Japanese VG10 steel cutting core, paired with the durability of the Damascus steel, and the stunning resin-treated Pakkawood handle makes Itoko the perfect addition to anyone’s kitchen.